Friday, December 14, 2007

not only women

I realize that in my previous post I sort of left out the fact that men are just as negatively affected, if not worse, than women. Men, and especially young boys, seeing beauty ads are getting the message that that's what "real women" look like. It breeds a generation of men who search for these unrealistic, or rather, non-existent women. What a terrible cycle, where women must constantly try to live up to the male standards all around them.

Here's one of my favorite anti-beauty-industry-male-feminists, Rafael Casal. Check out his other stuff, it's all really honest and awesome.

1 comment:

elaina said...

i must comment thank you for finding these things thank you for caring to say what you say thank you for believing that beauty is so much more than skin deep. you are so beautiful i miss you in my quotidian